Friday, October 23, 2009

Spooky House Mini Book

Hello everyone! Halloween will quickly be upon us, I hope you have your costumes ready! I wanted to show you some more details of the spooky house that I made with items from the October Sussies kit. I used chipboard and cut out the book pages in a large arrow shape. If you don't have sheets of chipboard, great alternatives are cereal boxes or shipping boxes. Sometimes even use the boxes that my monthly Scrapbook Sussies kit comes in:)
If you notice at the bottom is where I punched the holes and added a ring with ribbon to bind the book. I figured out (after the fact) that I couldn't attach at the roof because then it wouldn't open!
To make the window, I first attached the sicker frame to the cover. Then I cut a hole with sharp scissors and made my way to the edge of the frame.
The roof is made from cardstock that was punched out with circles. I then cut all the circles in half and adhered. If you have a punch that makes a scallop it would be another way to get the same effect. The roof probably took the longest to make!



Since I was waiting until this Halloween to add pictures, I decided to leave spaces for my photos and journaling.
I just loved the sticker label that came with the kit. I adhered to a piece of patterned paper then cut down to size with a small border. That gave me an extra page for the book.


I tried to mix it up with the different roofs. I made one by cutting long strips, another with punched squares. Have fun with mini books, it is a great time to try new things on a small scale.

Lastly, was the back page. I like to keep mini books out so people can flip through them. So I make it as colorful as the rest of your album.
Have a Happy Halloween, and don't forget-we would love to see your Halloween layouts and mini books in the gallery.

4 comments:

  1. Holy smokes...that is CA-UTE! Love every single page, especially the shingled roof on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, this is GREAT! love it...think I might have to scarplift this idea!!!! LOVE the punched circle idea for the roof line.

    ReplyDelete