Monday, August 24, 2009

Hand Cutting for Deminsion and Embellishing

One technique that I love to use is fussy cutting or hand cutting. Lots of times there are elements in patterned paper, such as flowers or stars, that just scream to be cut out. While I do use images and elements from patterned paper itself, today I'm going to highlight stamping.

One easy way to always have the letters you need for a title is to use stamps. You never run out of "e" or "s". For me, it always adds so much more to the page when I cut them out rather than stamping directly on the layout.

You can also use any stamped image to add dimension to your page by cutting it out.
For this page I stamped and cut out the word "silly". I also used pop dots to raise it off the page.
I also stamped the little monkey and cut her out to add just a little something else.
So get out those precision scissors and get to cuttin'!
Supplies Used:
PP: Stampin Up!, Heidi Swapp, October Afternoon, Scenic Route
American Craft Thickers (Green)
Alpha Stamps and Monkey: Autumn Leaves
Scallop Border Punch: Fiskars

1 comment: