Friday, May 27, 2011

Sketchy Friday

Today I just thought I would quickly share a sketch and a page using the May kit. I'm fairly certain that I've said before how much I love sketches. Here lately, I have to sneak in some scrappy time after the kids are in bed. And let's face it, after a day of taking care of a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a 9 month old, by the time they go to bed, I'm pretty tired myself. There are times when my brain just has a hard time being creative. So what do I do?
I grab a sketch and easy peasy a layout it born.
This sketch is by Liz Chidester who runs a sketch blog called The Scrappiest.



And here is what I did with it using the May kit!(alphas are from previous kits)

I love how using a sketch eliminates a lot of the time spent putting together a design, but still allows you tons of creative freedom!
Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. oooohhhh! I love it! I'm definitely going to have to use that sketch this weekend...beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete