Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ringing in the New Year!

Hi everyone!
This is my first official Sussies blog post. I am so happy to be a part of this team, and feel so lucky to be able to work with Lara's AWESOME kits!
I had a blast working with January's kit, and used up almost the whole thing! Keep an eye out tomorrow for the design team reveals in the gallery.

For now, I leave you with some quotes and poems that can be used on your scrapbook pages to help celebrate the New Year.

A fresh snowfall in winter
Always brings my heart delight
When I waken in the morning
To a wonderland of white.
--author unknown

Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.
--Alfred Lord Tennyson

“January”
January opens
The box of the year
And brings out days
That are bright and clear.
And brings out days
That are cold and gray,
And shouts, “Come see
What I brought today!”
--Leland B. Jacobs

"Should auld acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot and days of auld lang syne? For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne, we'll take a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne."
--Robert Burns, Auld Lang Syne

"Then sing, young hearts that are full of cheer,With never a thought of sorrow;The old goes out, but the glad young yearComes merrily in tomorrow."
--Emily Miller

"Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour."
--John Boswell

1 comment: