Monday, December 14, 2009

Good Monday Morning!

It's sunny and the day has started off well! I'm making teacher Christmas gifts as we speak! Still working on those Christmas cards though! Have you sent yours out yet? Every year it gets later and later for me!

So I debated about what to write about in my post this month. Do I show you the Countdown Calendar or layouts from December's wonderful kit? Do I tell you how FUN the January boy/girl kit is? I've already made 2 double page layouts using it?

Whe I first got the kit, I was going to beg for someone to send me some boy pictures just so I could use some of the embellishments for the boy side. With 3 girls, I can use the boy side of the kit but miss out on the fun embellies... but I went scrapping with my sister-in-law Saturday night and she does have a boy and she did have pictures I could use so I got to play with some of the boy embellishments!

So, I'm still not sure what I should tempt you with... December or January? Well, since I have yet to scan my January layouts (have you signed up yet? The Year of the Sussie is so worth it! I {almost} wish I wasn't designing for Sussies so I could do it!!), I'll show you some of what I did with the December kit. Not only did I make a countdown calendar, but I made 3 double-page layouts and I have enough paper for at least one more!

So, here is the calendar I made. I used a clipboard and sprayed it with red paint. then I used some little basic grey magnets and put them down in 5 rows of 5 and covered it with the wonderful Crate paper (I'd like to get some more of this line!).



I cut out 75 two inch circles for the countdown part. I used the MM tag maker machine and those metal circles and 50 circlesw (which didn't match up to the two inches as well as I'd hoped so there is a lot of glue holding them together!) to make the tags with the other half of the magnet between and used the FUN crate paper embellies to decorate some of them. I stamped the rest of the circles and placed them on the paper. And that's all!

Here's a collage of close-ups:


Can you believe Christmas is less than 2 weeks away? Are you ready?? Have a blessed rest of the year and I'll "see ya" in 2010!

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer- i love your countdown calendar! it is so fun! i also LOVE that line! so bold and fun to play with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the coolest countdown calender!!

    ReplyDelete