Monday, June 20, 2011

A little Pop!

Today I want to share with you an easy technique that I've been using a bit lately.
A lot of times, either because of the colors I'm using or the patterns I'm using I think my title might get lost on the page. So my solution?
Do my title on some white cardstock and cut it out.
Here is an example of one of the first times I did this:I really wanted the black letters to POP, so I first put them on white cardstock and then cut them out to really contrast with the purple.

Here is another example using this month's kit.

I used the alpha rubons here, made my words "my" and "grows" and then cut them out as one piece. This can really help give that title a little extra something!
Give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. ooh.. i LOVE this! i have this problem a lot and usually just outline but this would work beautifully for when outlining doesn't cut it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the inspiration! i made one too- http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/540095/view/3283107/-1/1.html

    ReplyDelete