Friday, January 14, 2011

Scrap Spaces

When I read Valerie's post the other day about making things work for you, it gave me the idea for this post. I have a scrap space in our basement with a nice desk, long work table, lots of storage solutions and even some great paper dividers that I picked up at a LSS. It has really worked great for a couple of years now. However, in the last few months, I have started feeling disconnected from the family when I'm downstairs scrapping. Plus, it's just gotten to be so cold down there!

So, after already having my main supplies packed up from a monthly crop, I decided one night to set up temporary camp in my husband's office (where he is usually) on the main floor of our house. I have my most used supplies sitting neatly around his old ugly chair in the corner. I use the small square side table as my desk. It's the perfect size for my work mat. I have to make things work in order to scrap efficiently and I tend to get pretty messy. Hubby has called me out on that a time or two and so I do try to clean up after myself after each scrap session.


It's not scrapping at my nice big desk with all my supplies within arm's reach, but it works for me for now and it allows me to be close to my husband and kids too!

2 comments:

  1. I really need to do this somehow. My attic scraproom works great during the day when the kids are in school but when the kids are home I spend most of my time running up and down the stairs to help them with one thing or another.

    ReplyDelete