So with this festive weekend ahead, many of us will have extra-special photo ops. I know I've found it useful in years past to take a few minutes to think about some of the photos I don't want to miss. After all, in the hubbub and excitement that come from extra people around, big family meals, and jellybean-induced sugar rushes, a little planning can be really useful!
Why not take a couple of minutes to think about it? Here are some of the ideas I've had...
- making and dyeing Easter eggs
- closeup of my 3 year old daughter's hands afterwards, because I know what they'll look like
- a pretty shot showing all the eggs and maybe some closeups if any are really pretty
- a nice pre-church shot of all the family in Easter finery - we always seem to miss getting these for some reason, and we'll have 4 generations together!
- some shots of my own little family since we rarely have anyone else around to take the pics
- hunting for Easter eggs, of course
- seeing how my baby boy reacts to the various goodies and people
- my daughter and her great-grandma sharing their basket like they always do
- getting ready for Easter dinner
- the cleanup!
Don't forget to get photos of special family traditions, or of special moments that may differentiate *this* year from other years. Is there a new family member, or are you celebrating in a new place? What will help to set this year apart for you?
And whatever you do, always remember that you have to live the memories before you can scrap them!